Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm no Movie Blogger BUT go see ANONYMOUS

Okay so not being able to do much is lame. Yea, I would love to be out the Friday before Halloween in my costume lookin' all cute and stuff BUT I cannot.  On top of everything I've got this lame cold thing going on.
ANWAY (sometimes I think you guys wanna hear about my random life anecdotes)

I decided that I wanted to see a movie, something to get my brain active.  I took myself to see Anonymous (as an only child going places alone are not fears but rather desires, at times).  The whole premise of the movie was in regards to the validity of William Shakespeare as a playwright/poet. Let me tell you, I never believed the rumors until I saw this movie. So many things made sense. I do not adore Shakespeare like some do BUT I love the story of Macbeth and of course Romeo & Juliet. Yes, there is something so epic about these tales.  They are stories of downfall, betrayal, love, and death.  Those subjects have become taboo.  Okay avid readers do not riot.  What I am saying is that ruthlessness and passion are not expressed in its entirety nowadays.  Listen, I love Nicholas Sparks as much as the next girl, it is just not the same.  "What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliet is the Sun."  You let me know the next time you read something like that.  Ladies, when was the last time you heard a man drop a line as good as that? OKAY!

Our generation has lost its lust for passion. Isn't that insane? Back to the movie...

I do not want to spoil it for anyone because I believe that any lover of any Shakespearian Sonnet or Play should see this movie.  Put it this way, if this story has any accuracy, Shakespeare was a prick in my book.  The story is a tragedy within itself.  Irony is a huge theme in this movie along with love (of course).  However, throughout the movie you find that this love mutates into something unforgivable.

The writing of the film is why I am here at 3:10AM.  Two lines I want to give you...

The 1st: "How could I love the Moon when I have already seen the Sun" -Edward, Earl of Oxford
The 2nd (my absolute new favorite movie line of ALL TIME): "He is an undeniable perfection that plagues my soul." -Ben Johnson, Playwright. OOOOOOOO Tell me you're not gonna drop that line, I know you can't!
I just want that to rest with you.

I may not be an excellent movie critic but I do know words.  Music can work without lyrics but how much better is it with them?  Words can move you and touch you in a way that hands cannot.  Understanding the magnificence of words, releases your restraints and allows you to go anywhere you want.  You can truly feel for the first time.

New Song That You Must Hear: "That Could Be Us" -Maino (This song is tough)
Halloween Jam: "Somebody's Watching Me" -Rockwell ft. Michael Jackson (RIP)

No comments:

Post a Comment