Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BETTER AND BETTER

Sooo...I just read on Incubus' Facebook page that a new album is on it's way for 2011. Honestly, could this year get any better with music? I mean Incubus was the first concert I ever went to. I was 18 years old; yea I was late on the concert game, but they were the ones to open my eyes to a great show.  Now at 25 I've been to over 10 live shows and still remember Incubus as one of the greatest.  Brandon Boyd is one of those unique voices I discussed earlier. Not only is he incredibly attractive but his voice is beyond soothing. I do not necessarily hear pain in his voice but rather pure emotion and love.  He released a solo album in August 2010 called Wild Trapeze. I haven't really checked it out but it's probably intense and calming all at the same time. I'll get on that and let you know what I think.

DJ Kilmore is the man. He did a set in that concert and ripped it like no other DJ. A rock band that uses a dj is ingenious.  Make Yourself, is still one of the greatest albums in my book. The video to Drive got me to fall in love with Mr. Boyd and what a cool ass video huh.  And my fave mentioned in my other post I Miss You, came from that album as well as Pardon Me, both classics.  2001's Morning View, had one of my favorite tracks of all time, Warning. My girl MK's fave line is, "I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal." What an awesome statement.  There is more meaning in that line than most thesis papers.  Ahhh and Aqueous Transmission is the most calming song of all time. Go get some candles, take a bath, throw that song on and just relax. Guarantee you've never have felt better.  Echo is such a pretty song and feels like the best pick up line ever.

Light Grenades is currently still stuck in my civic and cannot come out. I adore that album.  Dig and Oil and Water are by far the best songs on that album. BUT MY FAVORITE INCUBUS SONG IS...[drum roll please] SOUTHERN GIRL.  In all honesty it is up there with Breaking the Girl.  It is so mellow and beautiful and something I've always wanted to be told.  It reminds me of my ex-BF only because it was in my AIM profile when we dated.  But you see it was me saying it about him, not the other way around. My heart would flutter if someone were to say to me, "You're an exception to the rule. You're a bonafide rarity. You're all I ever wanted. Southern Girl, could you want me?" It's funny because I never felt that way about him but I loved that song so much and believed it to be the most enticing and endearing song at the time.  It's funny because someone basically said those lyrics to me, not in those words, but in his own.  And now when I think of this song I think of him.

Anyway...point being, Incubus popped my Concert Cherry.  They will always hold a very special place in my heart. Another great added to the list.

Oh so remember how I mentioned Britney had a new "song" out? I got my email update from Billboard and she made the top 100.  She actually is on top of the Top 100 at #1.  I think the song is not her best by any means. See I never said the song was not going to be hot, it clearly was and only because she's Britney 'Bitches".  Sad but oh so true. Go look up the song, it's called Hold it Against Me. Oh man.

Today's Mood: Sideways by Citizen Cope
A favorite: Shelter by Ray Lamontagne

No comments:

Post a Comment